“The objects of the the charity are the advancement of the religion of Christian Science, and the ministry of spiritual healing in accordance with its teachings, by providing financial support for the profession of Christian Science nursing generally by means of pecuniary or other assistance to persons who are or have been Christian Science Nurses.”
The Pension Trust Fund for Christian Science Nurses is a charity and has a two-fold purpose:
The Financial Support Fund provides help to current and retired Christian Science Nurses.
The Training Fund provides funding for active Christian Scientists who would like to take up Christian Science nursing as a career.
What We Do
As a Financial Support Fund the Trust provides the following financial help to eligible working and retired Christian Science nurses in the UK:
- Up to two weeks’ Christian Science nursing care annually, as needed, in one of the Christian Science Houses or at home, and
- Rest and Study annually in one of the Christian Science Houses, or attendance at a Christian Science Nursing Conference, up to the value of £1,000.
- Christmas gifts to retired Christian Science nurses at the discretion of the Board.
- Attendance at Christian Science nursing conferences.
Grants, which are subject to means testing, may also be made for:
- subscriptions to the Christian Science periodicals
- moving house or for essential home improvement
- costs related to travel to and from work
- air fares for overseas Christian Science nurses to return home or to Association once every two years
- regular monthly payments to retired Christian Science nurses
- accommodation or living expenses.
Training Fund for training Christian Science nurses
We recognise that the cost of training can be a barrier for those wishing to become Christian Science nurses. With seed funding from The Westminster Fund, we have therefore set up a Christian Science nurses’ Training Fund to support Christian Science nursing activity and healing. This enables members of The Mother Church to prepare for the ministry of Christian Science nursing, or to return to Christian Science nursing after a break.
Applications from potential trainees will be considered on an individual basis for training costs, living expenses including rent, short-term mortgage help, child care, travel etc.
Assistance can be given with the costs of mentoring in the field; both trainees and mentors may apply.
Working, retired and trainee Christian Science nurses are invited to apply to the Trust for financial help via our Administrator, whose contact information is on the right.
Any other requirements that are not listed, please enquire. We are here to help.
- Are you a Christian Scientist looking for a new career?
- Are you interested in learning how to look after a family member?
- Have you thought of Christian Science nursing?
- Would you like to return to Christian Science nursing after a break but are worried about the finances?
We can help
The Training Fund has been set up to help you finance your desire to develop your Christian Science nursing practice
Contact us to explore the many ways in which we can help you financially. Funds are available to help towards training, travel, mortgage payments, childcare, living expenses and more
Administrator CSNF: Clare Talbot
Tel: 01604 870977
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE NURSES FUND
Pension Trust for Christian Science Nurses